Shabbat Chanukah 19 December 2009 - 02 Tevet 5770
Chanukah Candles - [eight rules] for the eight nights by
Rabbi Mendel Lew.
Commences at 3.37pm
Service in shul will be at 3.20pm.
to allow sufficient time to light the first Chanukah candle
Sidra for the week:
MIKKETZ page 155 Hertz
page 599 Hertz
Page 990 Hertz
Special Prayers This Week:
Hallel (page 618)
Al Hannissim (page 398)
Psalm (30 page 36)
Barmitzvah - JULIAN SIMS
Forthcoming marriage of MASCHA KOSKY and ITZIK SACHS
Naming of Baby Girl - ELTON
- RABBI MENDEL LEW will address the Barmitzvah
- CHAZAN HENRY BLACK will lead the service
- NESANEL GASS will lead Pesukei DeZimra
- Dr PETER KRAUS will lein the Sidra
- Our Barmitzvah JULIAN SIMS will read the Maftir and Haftarah
- DAVID SIMS will lead Anim Zemirot
- Hospitality (upstairs): VIVIENNE LIPOWICZ
- Hospitality (downstairs): HOWARD DAVIS
- This Week's Presiding Warden: DAVID METZGER
SHACHARIT - Main Shul
RABBI MELVYN BLOOM's Shiur will be at 3.15pm
MINCHA at 3.47pm to be followed by RABBI ANDREW SHAW's
MA'ARIV at the termination of Shabbat at 4.47pm
NATASHA and BARRY SIMS, JONATHAN KOSKY and SHARON and COLIN ELTON for their respective semachot are pleased to invite the community to Kiddush in the Freeman Susman Hall following the service.
- Shacharit at 8.30am
Mincha and Maariv at 3.45pm
Monday - Thursday Shacharit at 7.15am
Monday - Thursday - Maariv at 8.00pm
Friday - Bank Holiday - Shacharit at 8.30am
Next Friday - Shabbat commences at 3.41pm and service in Shul will be at 3.45pm
Please note there will be no Shabbat Newsletter for the next two weeks and the next update of this page will be for Shabbat 09 January.
Service times during the interim period will be as follows:
- Shabbat 26 December - Mincha at 3.51pm / Shabbat ends at 4.51pm.
- Sunday 27 December - Fast of Tevet
Fast commences at 6.16am / Shacharit at 8.30am / Mincha and Maariv at 3.30pm.
The Fast will terminate at 4.46pm.
- Monday 28 December - Bank Holiday
Shacharit at 8.30am / Mincha and Maariv at 3.45pm.
- Tuesday 29 - Thursday 31 December - Shacharit at 7.15am / Maariv at 8.00pm.
- Friday 01 January - Bank Holiday - Shacharit at 8.30am
Shabbat commences at 3.47pm and service in Shul will be at 4.00pm.
- Shabbat 02 January - Mincha at 3.57pm / Shabbat ends at 4.57pm.
- Sunday 03 January - Shacharit at 8.30am / Mincha and Maariv at 4.00pm.
- Monday 04 - Friday 8 January - Shacharit at 7.15am
- Monday 04 - Thursday 07 January - Maariv at 8.00pm.
- Friday 08 January - Shabbat commences at 3.55pm and service in Shul
will be at 4.00pm.
The community is also advised that on Shabbat 26 December there will be no kiddushim due to staff holidays. All kiddushim will resume on Shabbat 2 January.
Social and Personal
We wish Mazaltov to:
- Julian Sims on the occasion of his Barmitzvah and to his parents Natasha and Barry Sims, brother David and sister Georgia. Julian is the grandson of the late Loretta Mench. Mazaltov also to grandparents Golsie and Alan Sims and Michael Mench.
- Jonathan Kosky on the forthcoming marriage in Israel of his daughter Mascha (daughter of the late Stephanie Kosky zl) to Itzik Sachs. Mazaltov also to his parents Ava and Tony Sachs.
- Sharon and Colin Elton on the birth of a daughter. Mazaltov also to grandparents Naomi and Harold Elton and Dalia and Roger Eden.
We offer our sincere condolences to:
Lily Egan on the loss of her sister Renee Spumburg. Last night of shiva at 7 Oakleigh Gardens Edgware is Tuesday 22 December.
The Editors of Habimah would like to remind the community that the deadline for articles and advertisements is 15 January. Pesach is earlier than usual and this deadline will be strictly adhered to.
Stanmore Synagogue Community Care offers help and support to members in a variety of different ways. Please phone 8954 3300 in total confidence.
If you are looking for work or a voluntary position, or you have work to offer please visit our [Employment Opportunities] page.
Keep in contact with us and ensure we have your up-to-date contact details including your email address via our [contact] page.
Scouts, Cubs, Beavers, Guides, Brownies, Rainbows, FZY, JLGB, Art
Class, Craft Class, Keep Fit, Israeli Dancing and Ivrit - check with leaders
- Rabbi Melvyn Bloom's Shiur - Monday at 8.15pm
- Friendship Club - Tuesday at 12.30pm
- Ladies Shiur led by Shelley Morris - Tuesday at 10.30am
- TLC [The Learning Centre] Recommences in February
- J.A.C.S. - reopens Wednesday 06 January
- Thursday 14 January
The Annual Siyyum for our Chevra Kadisha will take place at 7.30pm followed by a Memorial Service at which the names of departed members during the last year and those of relatives of members of the community will be recited. All are welcome to attend in Shul.
The Service will be followed by Dinner in the Freeman Susman Hall for those who wish to stay. Guest speaker Dayan Shmuel Simons. Reservations must be made in advance - please contact Howard Davis on: 8954 6057.
Sunday 17 January 2010
Masters of the House in the Freeman Susman Hall.
Please email [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org], call 07770 914425,
or book online at: [Masters of the House]
- Sunday 24 January 2010
Ajex [Quiz] at 7.30pm in the Freeman Susman Hall
Please call Denis on 020 8952 4113 or Helen on 020 8952 3020 for details
Mazaltov to our darling Julian on your Barmitzvah.
Love from Mum, Dad, David and Georgia.
[top of the page]